Support for Parents
There is no manual for parenting
Parenting is one of the most important, most rewarding, and most challenging jobs on the planet. Despite this being one of our most important roles, there is no clear "right way" to parent. All children are unique in their needs and personalities, requiring parents to be flexible, creative, and resilient. Since each child is different, successful parenting requires a large toolbox of approaches to navigate each individual challenge or relationship obstacle. Parents can feel overwhelmed with questions such as:
- Is there something I can do to decrease my adolescent's risky or oppositional behaviors?
- Why won't my teen listen to me?
- How can I improve the happiness of our home life?
- Could I be doing something differently to help my child achieve more success?
- How can I decrease chaos and arguing at home?
- What more can I do as an adoptive parent to strengthen the relationship with my child?
- My parenting style/techniques worked with my first child, why isn't it working now?
At Denver Wellness Counseling, our therapists have extensive experience supporting, coaching, and educating parents to help them achieve their parenting goals and increase overall happiness at home. Our process will begin by discussing the modality of therapy that would be most appropriate to address your concerns and reach your goals. This may include individual counseling for the parent, counseling for the child, sibling counseling, or family counseling, depending on your unique needs.
Call us at (303) 219 - 0810 for a free 15 minute consultation, or CLICK HERE to email about an initial appointment.